Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I am thanking God today for the wonderful boy who made me a mommy, the amazing and supportive husband who helps me be the best mommy I can be, and for the mommy who taught me what it means to love unconditionally.

This day is a day for thanking God for the opportunity to be a mom and for all the great moms in my life, but as I thank God for all these blessings I am reminded of the women in the book I am reading (find it here). Women who were and are still affected by the tragedy in Rwanda in 1994. A genocide that lasted 100 days while the rest of the world stood back and did nothing. It has been a hard book to read, but one I will finish because these people's story deserve to be heard. As I thank God for the blessings motherhood has brought me thus far, I also pray for all the women out there (whether your American, Rwandan, Ethiopian...) who feel a tremendous amount of heartache on this day. To all the mommies out there who know the pain of losing a child, who have reliquinshed their children either by choice, coercion, or desperate circumstances, who have terminated their chance at being a mommy, I pray for you today. I pray for healing, for peace, for restoration. There is so much hurt that cannot be undone, but I pray that you will know the mercy, grace, and power of my God.

This Mother's Day will you join me in praying for these mommies, and for doing what little I know we can do to support some mommies out there who are fighting hard against poverty to keep their family together.

http://www.noondaycollection.com/our-story.html

http://www.no41.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment